Training: Basic Network and Security - October 21
Location: Kappa Data The Netherlands / 9:00-17:00
This course is designed for intended for administrative personnel such as internal sales and purchasers who are new to network and security concepts, or who are in need of a refresh training.
There are no requirements for this training.
After this training, you will be able to understand network and security concepts and answer questions such as:
What are the components of a network and what are they used for?
What’s an OSI model, what is a router, firewall, in fact, every common component of a network…
What are the pitfalls when using Wi-Fi solutions?
How does email work and more
How do you handle ransomware or protect an e-commerce site?
How do you manage BYOD?
Where is the Cloud and how to secure it?
How does virtualization work?
Why do we still need backup?
During this training, you will learn about the basic concepts of network and security environments.
The general voice of this training is commercial. The sales approach will help you reach your targets better through cross-selling and asking the right questions.
- Basic Networking (MAC & IP addresses, TCP, DHCP, Switching, Cabling, VLAN, …)
- Connected networks (Routers, WAN vs LAN, VPN, WiFi)
- Internet (WWW, URL, DNS, Translation)
- Homeworking & BYOD (NAC, Radius, MDM, SSL VPN, RDS, VDI, …)
- Email (Basics, MX, SMPT, POP3, IMAP, Exchange)
- Threats (Malware, Ransomware, C&C, Botnet, Vulnerabilities)
- Prevention (Social Engineering, Sniffing, Typosquatting, Endpoint protection)
- Firewall (IPS, NextGen, SSL, Advanced Threat detection, WAF, Email Security, MITM, …)
- Virtualization (Hypervisor, vmotion, …)
- Cloud (Datacenter, Hosting, Housing, *AAS, Azure, AWS)
- Backup & Archiving (Replication, RPO, RTO, Archiving, …)
- Performance (WAN Link- & Load balancing, QoS, …)
- Various (MPLS, Hybrid, IoT, PoE, VOIP, …)
- Analysing and reporting (SNMP, SIEM, …)
With a role-playing exercise at the end of the day, the trainee practices the theory in a safe and informal environment.
This training is vendor-neutral and brings you a general market story as an independent technology-based – but not deep technical training.
This is a 1 day, classroom-based training with both theory and exercises (role-playing) and practicalities.
Lunch is included in the training.
Frédéric Van Walle is Presales Engineer at Kappa Data with more than 20 years of experience in IT, including Networking, Security, Virtualization and Storage. Frédéric has a natural talent to explain complex technical stuff in human language with the right amount of Sales.
Evaluation is a continuous process by Kappa Data, so your feedback will be asked during the training. At the end of the training, you will also receive a full survey where you can add your feedback.